June 22, 2014

art filled

Last weekend was very very art-filled. I dubbed it "art-ovewhelmed". And have been digesting it ever since... You might have seen Vivien's and Kristin's blogs for very full reviews of all the exhibits we indulged in. Do go over to there for some wonderful observations and photographs.

Here I will indulge in showing the many details that are still burned into my eyelids... They are motley bunch from several exhibits and the streets of NYC.
construction view from the Highline
intentional plastic bag art
somebody just wants love...
art by Tegan M. Brozyna at the Textile Arts Center
Molasses footprints at Kara Walker Domino
molasses melting
molasses chunks
natural plastic bag art
Swoon details at the Brooklyn Museum
Swoon details at the Brooklyn Museum
Swoon lace sails at the Brooklyn Museum
Swoon larger than life at the Brooklyn Museum
Swoon details at the Brooklyn Museum
Swoon details at the Brooklyn Museum
I highly recommend indulging in some artful excursions for recharging the batteries....

2 comments:

Karen L R said...

I won't be there in person, so I really appreciated your pics! Thanks, Natalya.

Kristin L said...

I like all your details. I kept going for the bigger picture, but you've captured more in all the delightful little bits.