October 05, 2015

a bit of progress

I am slowly plugging away on the latest home portrait. I had a very hard time making the collage decisions on this one, so much precious ephemera, I didn't want to make a wrong choice! But I persevered and have something to show for it.
the sketch overlay is helping me decide on placement
lace from the dress claimed the left bottom corner
the bride wanted to include the maid of honors speech...but what font shall I use?
I settled on two fonts..
I adhered everything and stitched my outlines
diamond windowpanes were the first to be hand stitched
 few more windowpanes
I am looking forward to diving into the hand stitching. There is a lovely roof line to show off, great stucco texture on the walls, and more windowpanes!

1 comment:

Giddings Art said...

I love watching your home portraits come together. Your work is beautiful!!