November 20, 2015

craven lane

My latest home portrait is ready to be shared! I shared it on Monday with my newsletter subscribers and as promised sharing more close ups on the blog today.

As you all know, I love the new challenges that come with each home portrait. The challenge with this one? Card stock was an adventure to stitch through! And this portrait was comprised mostly of wedding cards... I was delighted to stitch through the lace from the wedding dress and enjoyed figuring out the stitch shorthand for the stucco texture of the house.




Here are a few detail shots followed by the full image...
the diamond windowpanes
frosting like edge by the window
stucco stitching
roof shingles and the maid of honors words
wedding day blessings sky
top of the front door
Craven Lane © Natalya Aikens 2015
Hope you have enjoyed following along! Whose home will be the next portrait? Hmmmm....we'll see....
And now back to costumes!

No comments: